skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Buildings and contents should be insured at the present replacement cost.
- Building values should be inclusive of professional fees, debris removal & all taxes.
- Policy penalties are applied when you underinsure. The percentage insured is the percentage paid.
- Valuables are fully covered only when supported by valuations.
- Electronics are fully covered only when a listing is provided.
- Jewellery is usually limited to $500 per item and a maximum of $2,500 unless valuations are provided.
- Electronics are usually limited to these values unless model and serial numbers are provided.
- Items which you require cover away from the home should be noted.
- The hurricane, earthquake and volcanic eruption deductible in the Eastern Caribbean is 2% of your insured value.
- Before allowing someone to drive the Insurers should be contacted for approval.
- All drivers’ licenses must be current.
- All non-nationals must have visitor’s permits.
- Drivers under 25 years, driving less than 3 years or undeclared carry very high deductibles.
- Fit to drive medical certificates may be requested from age 65.
- Never accept liability.
- All incidents must be reported immediately.
- Always secure all damaged property.
- Take all reasonable steps to mitigate loss.
- Take contact information for independent witnesses.
- Document all related expenses.